Generate leads. Connect to your customers. Drive business.
Digital Marketing Basics
The internet has become so pervasive and ubiquitous in all aspects of our lives. Often, many people first discover or interact with a company online, so it’s vital that brands have a clear and broad online presence along with a compelling story to tell. Digital Marketing includes any marketing efforts or marketing assets online. For example, your emails, search results, website, banner ads or social media pages are all part of your digital footprint and marketing strategy.
As a full-service agency, The Marketing Machine has experience in managing digital marketing tactics in conjunction with traditional marketing. We’ll do the heavy lifting and handle your entire digital marketing strategy, or we can step in only where you need us. We’ve collectively conceived, designed and launched countless websites and digital campaigns, so you can trust us as the experts. We use all available online spaces, platforms, environments and tools to tell your story and encourage interactions with consumers. All in all, The Marketing Machine will develop a custom digital marketing campaign for you focused on gaining actionable results.
- The average American has access to more than ten connected devices in their household. (Statista, 2021)
- Mobile banner advertising is projected to reach approximately 152.6 million U.S. dollars by 2025, up from roughly 63 million U.S. dollars registered in 2017. (Statista, 2021)
- SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media. (BrightEdge, 2019)
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines. (HubSpot).
The Tools That Build Your Digital Marketing Strategy
Understanding the Basics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) determines where your page ranks in an online search, typically referred to as organic ranking. The higher your site ranking is, the more traffic you’ll get. Search engine rankings are determined by the quality of the site content and site structure. We’ll help you rank higher with relevant content, keywords and more!
- Citations are databases of your core business data on the Internet. They help users discover local businesses and can also impact local search engine rankings. It’s important that a business’s online information like name, address, hours, etc. are 100% consistent across all online platforms. Think about the map and restaurant suggestions that come up on a Google search for dinner options.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are paid digital marketing tactics that involve a search engine, such as pay-per-click (PPC) or AdWords. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is an advertising model where advertisers are charged for their ad once users click on it. This model is commonly associated with search engine and social media advertising like Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Banner Ads are displayed on specific websites and apps, or on a network of popular websites. Clicking on this ad will take the user to your website or landing page.
- Retargeting Ads allow businesses to show ads to customers who have already visited their site. This is a good tool to “follow” users around in an attempt to get them back to the original site and continue to build brand awareness.
- Pre-roll Ads are 15-30 second videos that are shown before users can watch the video they chose. You’re probably familiar with them because the ads before YouTube videos are pre-rolls ads. Like banner and retargeting ads, pre-roll video ads can be measured and clicked on so that the user is taken directly to your website or landing page.
Your website is the “anchor” of your digital marketing efforts. All digital ads and some social posts are directed to here. Your site should have:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): to rank the site higher in online searches
- Landing pages: to direct users to specific pages, messages or marketing campaigns
- Display Optimization: to clearly and cleanly display the site on different devices with different screen sizes
- Analytics: bits of code that search engines read to help you understand how the site is being accessed and utilized
Inform people of promotions and information by sending out strategic emails to a predetermined and qualified list of subscribers on a regular basis.
- Mail Chimp: a tool to manage your email lists and campaigns that allows you to create, send, and manage email newsletters. It also provides metrics about opens, clicks and use of the emails.
This is just a start! Call Paul at 919.460.7978 to create a plan for your business.
A smart digital strategy will allow you to have an equally powerful and recognizable presence in your consumers’ lives. You’ll have the opportunity to introduce yourself, share meaningful information about your business and remind your customers of who you are. Overall, with a strong digital footprint, you’ll meet your customers where they are, so you’re kept top of mind as consumers make spending decisions.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have to help you better understand the digital world and all the services we provide to make your digital campaigns successful.